Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hi all!
I am an Amish woman who left the Amish almost 14 years ago. I would like to share my journey with others who are in this same journey or who have just left the Amish and are looking for someone to talk to. I know how hard it is and I am now at a place in my life where I believe I could reach out and help those who still feel lost and unsure or who just want to talk. My journey was often troubled and dark but I have found freedom in this once scary and intimidating world. I have also found success and happiness.
I am going to be writing a book about my journey and I want to take the opportunity to share true stories and tidbits from the Amish life.

I want to hear other Ex-Amish people's stories and memories as well. I thought I would create a blog to begin sharing my story and maybe get to know other Ex-Amish and share thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

I also hope to hear from people who have never been Amish who have an interest in learning about the culture.



Free from Amish Rules

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great to see other examish online. I grew up old-order Amish in Holmes County,Ohio. I'm in process of building my own blog/website. My site will be focused on growing up gay and Amish. Follow me on twitter for updates, @lgbtiamish Good luck on your blog!

    ReplyDelete